Monday, December 28, 2009

Thinking back on 2009

As I sit here at my friend's house just after christmas in 2009 watching one of my favorite tv series, i am starting to think back about what all happened this year. I will say this has been the most interesting year so far of this decade. First off the year started off fine, nothing truly majorly happening. Then February hit. Can't remember the exact day (all i remember is that it was the day of the oscars). I remember I had a kinda bad day at work with this one lady who drove me nuts cause I wouldn't let her in our back room (my purse is back there so no). It did get a bit better as mom and i went to go pick up our Olive Garden that we were going to eat as we watched the show. Then my mom says she has something she needs to tell me. We sit down and then i hear the words that i never imagined she would ever utter, "your dad and i are separating." It's hard to describe the emotions that I felt then, it was a mix of a lot and then having to hear that we had to give up my childhood home just threw me. I don't remember when I stopped crying and having to tell most of my friends was very hard. So after a few weeks everything started to sink in and i knew it was time to go thru all of my things at our house. I managed to find some great stuff and one time my friend, alec, found this story that I wrote maybe in first grade that I was laughing so hard I was crying. So things did get easier as time went on. I managed to go to a very fun convention with my friend, Erin, in may. We had a great time and I would easily go again. So we did some more packing and finally moved out at the end of June. It was a bittersweet feeling leaving the house I had lived in since I was 3. Now me and my mom are living with my nana. Most of the time things are good and sometimes can be frustrating, after all when you live with someone is 90 and is very rigid can be difficult. Especially when she is going deaf and refuses to wear her hearing aid cause she doesn't think it helps, WHEN IT SO DOES!!! *sigh* not much I can do. Despite all that has happened this year, I still stand by what I said at Thanksgiving. I am thankful for all the good little things in life. I got to see my favorite band live and in the second row. I got a great new nephew named Harland, who I swear is the cutest baby to date. I got to see my brother's kids at Easter which was great fun. But most importantly, I realized I am thankful for all of my friends who got me thru this difficult year and of course for my family who I love and adore so much. Hopefully I will have better sounding posts in 2010. See you all on the flip side!

No comments: